Old 19-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default there goes my shade!

griffon said:

If I can find room the nursery also has some corkscrew willows... very
lovely! I did not appreciate this tree until I saw some up close, it
would look really neat for winter.

They can be very cute, but -- when they put on some size -- they are
susceptible to damage in storms. I used to live across the street from a
biggish corkscrew willow and regularly had to pick up debris from it.
(And it *really* got hammered after a major ice storm, to the point where
it became a really ugly tree.)

(attributed to Don Marti)