Old 19-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Zemedelec

Default there goes my shade!

Sorry to hear about your sycamore. I've always liked them. The architect who
built my parents' dream house in the 50s built part of the house AROUND a
splendid sycamore--I mean, he altered the house's footprint. Not too
surprising, as his own house had a natural stream (dry 6 months of the year)
flowing through the living room and another sycamore growing through the roof.
The house is now on the National Register of Historic Places, so if you get to
the Santa Monica Moutains, go up Mandeville Canyon and ask about the Alan Siple
house. It's beautiful.
zemedelec