Old 19-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Spider

Default Honeysuckle

Hello Katy,
Have you examined the stems near the base? Could slugs/snails have eaten
through?
Could it be vine weevils? You'll have to look deep in the soil for these.
My only hopeful thought is that there are surviving basal shoots at crown
level, from which new growth will sprout. Otherwise you could try taking
cuttings if there's enough healthy top growth left.
Spider
Katy wrote in message
m...
Hello everyone, I grew a honeysuckle in a pot, up a trellis. I want
the honeysuckle to stop at the top of the trellis. As it grew I wove
it back and forth to fill it out all the way up - THEN just as it was
looking really lush it started dying from the bottom up -this was in
the space of a couple of months. ANy ideas? Too wet/too dry. I was
sad.... Any help much appreciated.