Old 20-03-2004, 12:15 AM
PM

Default redback infestation in the compost

Hello Agent Smith,

Do you have any spare Daddy Long Leg spiders inside. Migrate them to the
compost bin as I believe that they like redbacks for dinner. About the only
other way is to diligently treat the redbacks with a thong for a week or two
in case the yhave any eggs waiting to hatch.

Paul

"john smith" wrote in message
u...
Hi folks. I'm in Sydney and have been making compost in one of those

square
based black plastic compost bins for a couple of years now. In the last

two
months have found I have redbacks in all 4 corners and hiding in the

handle
of the lid. This isn't the best as my two compost helpers are children

and
I'd hate for them to get bitten!

First I tried squashing the spiders, must have missed some. A month later
there are more than ever. Then I tried a very light spray of baygon right
on the spider (don't want to kill all the "good" bugs!). Now they're back
and I'm running out of ideas.

Help?

Thanks!