Old 21-03-2004, 04:06 AM
William Valavanis

Default [IBC] 'Jacqueline Hillier'

Iris:

Jacqueline Hillier elm is excellent for bonsai, except that it gets red
spider quite readily if not thinned out.

In the next issue of International BONSAI (which I am working on now)
there are two reference articles on this cultivar and covers the
taxonomy, history and training. Both articles were written by
authorities: Walter Pall and Colin Lewis. There is even a full page
color photo of perhaps the finest Jacqueline Hillier elm bonsai.

Also, I have been growing this cultivar for over 20 years and it is
very hardy in Rochester, NY. This year we have received over 119 inches
of snow (not over yet) and have reached a low temperature of -12F.

Hope this helps!
Bill

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++