Old 21-03-2004, 04:32 AM
jammer

Default pond via elephant

I planted the hostas surrounding a log behind the pond. It stays shady
most of the day and i keep it moist for my toad friends that i am just
about ready for.

juls, who is starting to get a little excited and with the program.

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:31:40 -0600, "Pond Newbie"
wrote:

Where are you putting your hostas? In the water, in a bog, or around

the pond? Are they
'wet' area friendly? I have always grown mine in around the house, in

shady spots (like in
the spaces between shrubs along the side of the house. I planted some

under one of our
pine trees, and they have more than quadrupled in size in less than a

week.

I repotted my taro today. The roots were literally climbing out of

it's pot. The lilies
are all fine, so I left them alone. But I had to take the toilet

brush to the string algae
(again *sigh*). All the fish wanted to do while I was in the pond was

nip at my legs and
swim to the exact spot I was planning on putting my foot down next..

lol.

Good luck with the storm.

DeAnna