Old 21-03-2004, 04:34 AM
Anonymous

Default aerate + water

Also BTW after aeration is a good time to put down lime (I like
pelletized dolomite) and micronized iron (makes the grass good and green
without causing the rapid growth (and more frequent cuttings) if you put
down a lot of nitrogen). I like to aerate in the fall because aeration
can cause more rapid moisture loss which isn't typically an issue at
that time. While I wouldn't water right after aeration you might keep
and eye on things and if it starts to look dry you might give it a bit
more water.

Michael

Steveo wrote:

"Shane" wrote:

Just a quick question, if you aerate your lawn do you need to water it
right away? For best results should you fertilize the lawn after you
aerate?

It is still a little cold to be turning on the sprinklers and I don't
want any pipes to break so I'm going to hold off water the lawn for
awhile. Any infoormation would be greatly appreciated!

Shane

1. Be sure there's no frost in the ground when you aerate.

2. Don't forget to mark your heads first.

3. Forget about watering, don't need it.

4. Fertilize anytime after you aerate, doesn't have to be the
same day.