Old 21-03-2004, 07:02 AM
Andrew G

Default Sprayed glyphosphate on roses - advice needed

"Dave" not on your nelly wrote in message
. au...
An unfortunate mix up over the contents of a spray bottle saw us spray
diluted glyphosphate over our standrad icebergs about a week ago

Many of the buds have turned brown and withered away but there are still
green buds and roses on each bush

Should we prune the damaged sections, all the shoots or leave things as

they
are?

Don't prune it, just leave it as it is. The only benefit pruning would have
given would be if you pruned off the sprayed parts straight after it was
sprayed.
Don't fertilise it, don't over water it. In fact probably a bit less water
than you would normally give it would be best for the next couple of weeks.
Depending on the rate at which it was applied and how much foliage was
covered will depend on whether it survives, and also if the rose was old it
may have more chance of surviving.
Finally, don't give up hope, and if new shoots look deformed in the next
month or so, don't worry, just prune them off, and wait 'till next
spring/summer before you rip it out or give up.
Good luck