Old 21-03-2004, 11:38 AM
john smith

Default redback infestation in the compost

Many thanks both Len and Paul!

Not sure why this poster put my post up as "john smith" since I've told it
my name is Stephanie. I love technology :-)

As soon as this rain lets up I'll be out there sorting out those redbacks.

thanks again.

Stephanie

"len gardener" wrote in message
g'day john,

yeh baygon won't work they come back to life even after being
saturated in it. the best method i've used is you need to find the web
and i use a twig or something twist the spider and its egg sac around
the stick then burn that repeat for each spider found. you need to
look for where they are spreading from ie.,. other parts of your
garden/house maybe even neighbours. the daddylong leg will be a good
defence they don't actualy eat or kill the red back i don't think it
comes down to who has a web there first and the redback won't fight
for position or at least that's how i see it, other spiders to
introduce are the brown and the black house spiders the more other
webs you have around the less of the redback is what i have found.

check all outside furniture as well as the garbage bin.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment