Old 21-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default How long do conifers live?

The message
from "Alan Gregory" contains these words:

I've got two large, low growing junipers which are about 10 years old and
have spread quite nicely as part of a conifer / heather bed. In fact, the
whole bed has spread a bit too nicely and it needs to be cleared out.

Would you recommend I keep the mature junipers and form a new design around
them, or are they likely to die within the next few years? The "surface"
needles are green, but underneath all is brown.

My parents moved, and there was a mature juniper in the garden they
moved to. When the house was sold more than twenty years later, it was
still a mature juniper, only more so.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/