Old 21-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Alan Gregory

Default How long do conifers live?

I've got two large, low growing junipers which are about 10 years old and
have spread quite nicely as part of a conifer / heather bed. In fact, the
whole bed has spread a bit too nicely and it needs to be cleared out.

Would you recommend I keep the mature junipers and form a new design around
them, or are they likely to die within the next few years? The "surface"
needles are green, but underneath all is brown.

Thanks,
Alan
--
Remove the hyphen from nil-dram to reply

Old 21-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Alan Gregory" contains these words:

I've got two large, low growing junipers which are about 10 years old and
have spread quite nicely as part of a conifer / heather bed. In fact, the
whole bed has spread a bit too nicely and it needs to be cleared out.

Would you recommend I keep the mature junipers and form a new design around
them, or are they likely to die within the next few years? The "surface"
needles are green, but underneath all is brown.

My parents moved, and there was a mature juniper in the garden they
moved to. When the house was sold more than twenty years later, it was
still a mature juniper, only more so.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 21-03-2004, 03:45 PM
older molly

Alan Gregory wrote:

I've got two large, low growing junipers which are about 10 years old and
have spread quite nicely as part of a conifer / heather bed. In fact, the
whole bed has spread a bit too nicely and it needs to be cleared out.

Would you recommend I keep the mature junipers and form a new design around
them, or are they likely to die within the next few years? The "surface"
needles are green, but underneath all is brown.

Thanks,
Alan

You are very lucky. I personally would design a garden around what is a
striking mature plant. Underneath is normally brown.
guide to a well behaved parrot
Guide to companion parrot behaviour
My Parrot My Friend.

Old 21-03-2004, 08:03 PM
PitBull

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:04:40 -0000, whilst Caruthers was creaming the
maids muffin, (to her great delight) this horse shite arrived from
"Alan Gregory" not wishing to put Caruthers
of his stroke I decided to deal with it:

I've got two large, low growing junipers which are about 10 years old and
have spread quite nicely as part of a conifer / heather bed. In fact, the
whole bed has spread a bit too nicely and it needs to be cleared out.

Would you recommend I keep the mature junipers and form a new design around
them, or are they likely to die within the next few years? The "surface"
needles are green, but underneath all is brown.

Thanks,
Alan

Bristle Cones live 3000 to 4000 years.