Old 21-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Phisherman

Default Help for my sick Dracaena Marginata - leaves going brown

On 21 Mar 2004 11:23:08 -0800, (maple62) wrote:

Hello,

I've had a DM now for about 4 months but in the last few weeks the
tips of some of the leaves are turning brown. The brown parts are now
some 2-3 inches in length. I've maintained the same watering pattern
since I bought the plant, that is, watered the plant when the soil
became dry (approx. every 2-3 weeks). I would water so the compost was
very wet. The plant is 4ft tall and stands to the side of a window but
not in any direct sunlight (wrong part of the house). Under the window
is a radiator and I'm wondering whether this may be the cause? The
plant is still developing new leaves and they seem a healthy green in
colour. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The radiator may be a problem. Keep the closest leaves at least 2-3
feet from the radiator. Mist the plant twice a week and check for
mealybugs or other insects. You are probably watering properly, the
lower leaves will droop if conditions are too dry. You may want to
increase watering slightly since it is now the growing season.