Old 22-03-2004, 04:54 AM
Janice

Default Weed/Flower id please...

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:39:26 GMT, "§in§hinė"
wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
This is possibly Chelidonium majus {Greater Celandine} Poppy family
surprisingly. Formerly grown as a remedy for warts and sore eyes but would
have done more harm than good.
It can be a persistent weed. You might have to resort to weed-killers

which it is sensitive.
Best Wishes

I just did a search and found a pic. Yup that's the one. Thanx for your
help. Now my question is, if I got the weed killer route what type would be
the best to use? Bear in mind I don't know that much about them. I've never
used chemicals on my gardens before, other than Miracle Grow a few times a
season....

If you've already planted this year and so don't want to spray, you
could do straight concentrate painted on a few leaves of each plant.
I don't know if you have government supported agricultural research
stations there like we do.. County Agent connected with land grant
colleges here. You could always ask them if that was an option for
that plant.

My problem here is bind weed/strangling morning glory which my local
county agent said could be treated by painting individual leaves up
until if flowers, then it would not work well. Good luck!

Janice