Old 23-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Steve Harris

Default A different dry shade problem

I'm planning a parking space and an thinking of the slightly
old-fashioned design of two lines of concrete slabs an axle length
apart. But what can I plant in the ground in between? :-)

Sometimes my car will be parked over the plants keeping off both sun and
rain. Worse still, I have a Citroen that sinks to about 3" clearance.
Then, If I go away for a week with the car, the site will get full sun
and/or rain.

I guess grass would work but then there's mowing. Every week, I'd have
to drive off, find parking, walk home, mow, walk back to the car and
drive home again :-(

Suggestions?

I have sandy, free draining slightly alkaline soil.

TIA!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/