Old 23-03-2004, 02:02 AM
V_coerulea

Default Freesia

I plant freesias in a 10-12 in pot at 8-10bulbs/pot. I take one of the
commercial "tomato" cages (which are worthless for tomatoes), shorten the
spike legs if you have to, and push it into the pot. It does a great job of
keeping all that lanky growth in place and gives nice tall stems for
cutting. A cool grenhouse also helps.
Gary

"Michelle" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 04:37:21 GMT, Suzie-Q
wrote:

Can freesia be planted in a pot? If so, how small can the pot be? I'm
thinking about a 10" hanging pot.

Do I follow the same instructions for planting in the ground re.
depth and distance apart?

Thanks in advance,

Just a question can they be grown in zone 6 and just left in the
ground mulched and come up the next year or do they have to be dug
up?