Old 23-03-2004, 04:40 AM
Martin

Default Specific Jap. Maple Grafting Question

In article ,
says...

--
G'day Martin,
You make it hard old mate, where are you, what type of

China
Wingham
NSW

Hi China,
I am in the Newcastle area,I am talking about Acer palmatum and being
"potty" I have them all in 12cm pots in water trays in part shade. If I
get you right, you suggest to put new seedlings in seed beds after true
leaves apear and leave them like onions until the stem is thick enough
for grafting? Would my 1 and 2 year old potted maples improve their stem
diameter by leaf or stem pruning?
In case you are an expert I have one more question about Taiwanese Maples
( god knows the latin name )? The seeds seem to be brown and ripe
already. Should I start putting them in Spaghnum Moss and the fridge
already?
Wolf