Old 23-03-2004, 08:12 AM
BigDaDDY

Default How do I prep sand box?

Steveo wrote:

GFRfan wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Greetings,

I have a large sand box playground in my back yard about 25' x 40'.
Have swings and slides and such for the kids. Last summer and fall I
was very busy and could not find the time to keep it weeded.
Consequently, it got overgrown and rather messy. This year I do not
want to let it get so out of hand.

I have pulled the weeds already, but is there anything I can do to the
sand to keep them from coming back? Or at least minimize them? Would
tilling in some lime help? I wanna kill the weeds there, not the
kids.

Thank You for your time.

If you have enough neighborhood kids playing in it, it should take care
of itself. Have the kids pull a weed or two.

Plus, are there any cats using it as a bathroom? That would provide the
fertilizer that weeds would need.

Every cat in the neighborhood..

Can't you just put some plastic down and put the sand on top of it?