Old 23-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] collected beech

Thanks to all for the great advice. I am in Atlanta, on the west
side of the pond, I guess. On my scoping run (actually a nice
leisurely walk with my
9 year old), we found dozens of beech in the 2-4 foot range,
which I will grow on in large pots for a couple of years. We have
so much oak, gum and
pine here (100 ft and above) that the beech are almost always
understory, so Jim's reference to 30 ft beech really is amazing
to me...I will let you
know how these turn out.

===========

Y'all come on down. I have 3 or 4 on my place that _almost_
reach that height. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++