Old 24-03-2004, 06:11 AM
Peggy Wissinger

Default Where to plant a gardenia?

One additional thought, they need protection from wind. If you put them in
a wind tunnel, they will not perform. They do best up against a windbreak
(near the foundation or other protection).

"laurie (Mother Mastiff)" wrote in
message k.net...
I finally succumbed to my old love, gardenias, by buying a bud-covered

plant
at the grocery store, but to be honest, I have never planted one, just

lived
in many places where they were already established, so I never paid
attention to light, exposure, and soil.

The label called it Gardenia Veitchii, and the directions were only for
keeping it as a house plant. I've got too many chickens in the house to

have
room for house plants!

What makes a gardenia bush healthy and happy? Besides waiting till after
the expected hard freeze early next week to plant it?

laurie (Mother Mastiff)