Old 24-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Sacha

Default out of frying pan and into fire?

Kate Morgan24/3/04 10:44

I have 8ft.high stone walls on two sides of the garden, up till a few
weeks ago they were both covered in ivy, I have left one covered cos it
suits the area but am thinking about planting a climbing hydrangea on
the other, are they as robust as ivy and will I regret it in a few years
time? advice would be appreciated:-)
kate

I'm not sure if anything is as robust as ivy! But I don't think you'll
regret your Hydrangea.
I think they're wonderful but my own experience of them is that they take a
time to get going. It's important to plant it about 2' out from the wall and
leaning towards it, so that the plant is out of any rain shadow and gets
watered by nature. But you have to remember to take over from nature in dry
weather.

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)