Old 24-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Kate Morgan

Default out of frying pan and into fire?

I have 8ft.high stone walls on two sides of the garden, up till a few
weeks ago they were both covered in ivy, I have left one covered cos it
suits the area but am thinking about planting a climbing hydrangea on
the other, are they as robust as ivy and will I regret it in a few years
time? advice would be appreciated:-)
kate
Old 24-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Bob

They are deciduous, so you'll be faced with a bunch of bare twigs in winter.
They also tend to grow outwards from the wall quite some distance - so it
will be more like having a big shrub growing in front of the wall than a
thin coating of ivy.

Mal