Old 24-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Harry in Iowa

Default ready made moulds for pots

(marija hajdic) held forth in
om:

Few of us in the Klub would like to try making bonsai pots on our own,
by slip casting. Does anyone know where I can buy ready made moulds of
different shapes?

Thanks, Marija
www.my-bonsai.com

I have never seen a mold specifically made for bonsai pots. Many could be
used for that purpose. Remember to use a high fire clay, cone ^5 or better
to avoid frost splitting. The only problem I have with slip casting is they
are all the same. And as far as making your own mold, well that is an art
all on its own. I hand build with cone ^6 stoneware and don't have much
problem with frost damage. Not much problem with repetition either, they
are all different.

--
Harry in Iowa

"Land of mystery 'cause nobody really lives there"