Old 15-03-2004, 11:24 AM
marija hajdic

Default ready made moulds for pots

Few of us in the Klub would like to try making bonsai pots on our own,
by slip casting. Does anyone know where I can buy ready made moulds of
different shapes?

Thanks, Marija
www.my-bonsai.com
Old 24-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Harry in Iowa

(marija hajdic) held forth in
om:

Few of us in the Klub would like to try making bonsai pots on our own,
by slip casting. Does anyone know where I can buy ready made moulds of
different shapes?

Thanks, Marija
www.my-bonsai.com

I have never seen a mold specifically made for bonsai pots. Many could be
used for that purpose. Remember to use a high fire clay, cone ^5 or better
to avoid frost splitting. The only problem I have with slip casting is they
are all the same. And as far as making your own mold, well that is an art
all on its own. I hand build with cone ^6 stoneware and don't have much
problem with frost damage. Not much problem with repetition either, they
are all different.

--
Harry in Iowa

"Land of mystery 'cause nobody really lives there"