Old 24-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Wayne

Default KOI Questions

I installed a 220 gallon pre-formed pond for my wife about 3 years ago. It
has a fountain filter and plenty of plants. The water is extremely clear
with only 10 goldfish in it. She surprised me today by bringing home 4
small fingerling Koi to put in the pond. I urged her to take them back,
that they are too much and will get too big for the pond. She argues that
they aren't going back and that she will get rid of them if they get too
big. She also said that the guy who sold them to her told her that it would
take about five years for them to get six inches long. I think that he's
full of crap and that my wife has lost her wits. Feedback on this matter
will be deeply appreciated.