Old 24-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Sacha

Default out of frying pan and into fire?

Kate Morgan24/3/04 9:40

snipI'm not sure if anything is as robust as ivy! But I don't think
you'll
regret your Hydrangea.
I think they're wonderful but my own experience of them is that they take a
time to get going. It's important to plant it about 2' out from the wall and
leaning towards it, so that the plant is out of any rain shadow and gets
watered by nature. But you have to remember to take over from nature in dry
weather.

thank you both for your interest, I think I will have a go they sound
rather good :-)
kate

They are. So - be patient; plant the roots at least two feet out from the
wall and be prepared to water in dry weather. You will have a lovely plant
that enhances your garden.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk