Old 25-03-2004, 12:42 AM
paghat

Default anyone planting their gardens this week?

I'm planting extremely little lately because so much of my gardening funds
went to flagstones & other landscaping materials, but I've been preparing
new garden spaces AS THOUGH i could afford to fill them with new things. I
have been doing some transplanting into new areas, for anything that has
struggled in its old locations or which could not be seen easily enough.
Some loganberry bushes for instance, stopped producing berries in their
increasingly shady location as big shrubs got bigger all 'round them, so
now they're in a spot where they get a smidgen of afternoon sun which I
sure hope will be enough to liven them up. Sometimes not being able to go
out & splurge on new things is useful, when there's already so much needs
to be done without adding new plants with new tasks.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"