Old 26-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] On the bushy appearance of Japanese Bonsai-at times.

In a message dated 3/26/2004 9:24:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

I noted that often apart from the outline of a tree
the exterior mass also has dips [valleys]and
mounds[hills],so there is movement in the leafy
green canopy.Seen easily in a mature mango tree.

Khaimraj:

I believe your perception is correct.

A current example is my Panther that recently appeared in Bonsai Today (89). The was extremely unhealthy when acquired, restored to health, and given its basic styling. You will notice that the tree is now ready for a major styling and refinement.

The reference is drawn because each of the large shelves will now be converted into subelements or subclouds of growth. In a sense, many additional sublevels will be created, the movement of the trunk will be revealed by reducing interior foliage, and the
left side of the tree will be substantially altered to add additional movement to the tree.

This second stage will be completed this summer. If you have a tree that warrants analysis, please send me a copy for virtual design, and I will post it for group discussion.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: