Old 30-01-2003, 09:33 PM
Robert O'Brien

Default [IBC] Soil Products

Hey Ben..I'll let those more experienced than i answer most of your soil
questions...but as far as the Hemlock bark goes...I am going on 4 years using
it as pretty much my only organic component for most of my trees...no
problems yet...definitely need to screen it though depending on how small you
grind it if you do...seems to me it gets a little powdery during the process
....I used a lawn shredder then screened out the fines with standard window
screening . I ended up tossing maybe a 1/4 of what i started out with...after
3 seasons in an outdoor training bed and some in pots for that long I haven't
noticed any appreciable break down yet. best of luck....BobO

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++