Old 26-03-2004, 02:58 PM
David

Default Ride-on Accessories

Emery Davis wrote in message
Great question. I'm in exactly the same boat with a Countax I bought last
year. I do have a de-thatcher (that I've had for years) but it doesn't rea
lly
do a proper job scarifying; but the price on the countax power scarifyer is
pretty off putting. (Also, I wonder if I'd break the blades on the frequent
subsurface rocks, but that's another issue). I rent a spreader from the
agri coop twice a year for 20 , so far that's the best I've come up with.
So perhaps you can hire a spreader that way; but I'd love to find a used
one somewhere...

Emery,
I've used the countax power scarifier. It does a very good job of
removing thatch and moss. You wont break the blades on subsurface
rocks because you set the blade height to not go into the soil, just
to the bottom of the grass. If the blades are cutting soil you are too
deep.