Old 26-03-2004, 05:11 PM
MLEBLANCA

Default anyone planting their gardens this week?

In article ,
arden (NAearthMOM) writes:

Today I planted my gems I just got from niche gardens : echinacea (yellow
and lavendar) rudbeckia, and asters. I am trying their 7 foot black eyed
susans
this year!

Love caryn

Hi Caryn
Good planting!
I've been planting this week too. Not on Monday, we went wildflower
watching in the western foothills: Ithuriel's Spear ( triteleia)
several kinds of lupines, gilia, and CA poppies-beautiful! Snow still
on the mountains peaks.

Tues and Wed were planting days. Front yard, Palmer's penstemon,
Fuji Dawn violet, Purple needlegrass and Diascia, purple sweet alyssum.
Around the patio, Potato vine(Solanum ), a variegated fuchsia,
3 6 packs of begonias and 3 of impatiens, nasturtium Red Wonder,
and a coral Pulmonaria
In the Razzle Dazzle Sizzling Hot Bed a Salvia karwinskii (tall, pink).

Yesterday it rained a nice soaking rain, which gave everyting a
nice drink and my muscles a rest! Also got rid of the mulberry
tree pollen and will bring out more wildflowers. And added some
snow to the higher elevations.

I am still waiting for my Bluestone order, and have a number of
other things to plant: Sidalcea, Ceanothus, and Rabbitbrush, all
CA natives. (if the soil dries out some today. ) Oh and tomatoes too

Emilie
NorCal