Old 26-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Jim Clever

Default [IBC] Pure Gold in your magazine rack.... or maybe not.

If you are "passing around" #'s, 1 to 30 and even some of the later #'s, I
suggest that you elect a new club treasurer and get a new librarian. These
are collectors' items and if you could purchase them for less than $20 USD
each, you got yourself a great deal! Those first 75 issues (mint condition)
of Bonsai Today will easily bring over $1000.00. If not in this particular
auction, then broken down later and sold in groups of 10. I personally know
of issues 1 to 30, sold as a mint, bound set, to have brought $900.00 USD
recently.

If you DO have the original set of 1 through 30, I would suggest that you
tenderly care for them and if your club ever needs funds, sell them at
auction. You'd be amazed at how many serious bonsai enthusiasts are trying
to find particular copies to complete their own personal libraries.

Jim Clever

Fort Loudon, PA USA
USDA Zone 6b