Old 26-03-2004, 05:13 PM
richard patefield

Default [IBC] Pure Gold in your magazine rack.... or maybe not.

Check out the starting price on this item.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tegory=20 524

No bids yet, not a big surprise. We pass these around like yesterday's
newspapers at my club.

R.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 26-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Jim Clever

If you are "passing around" #'s, 1 to 30 and even some of the later #'s, I
suggest that you elect a new club treasurer and get a new librarian. These
are collectors' items and if you could purchase them for less than $20 USD
each, you got yourself a great deal! Those first 75 issues (mint condition)
of Bonsai Today will easily bring over $1000.00. If not in this particular
auction, then broken down later and sold in groups of 10. I personally know
of issues 1 to 30, sold as a mint, bound set, to have brought $900.00 USD
recently.

If you DO have the original set of 1 through 30, I would suggest that you
tenderly care for them and if your club ever needs funds, sell them at
auction. You'd be amazed at how many serious bonsai enthusiasts are trying
to find particular copies to complete their own personal libraries.

Jim Clever

Fort Loudon, PA USA
USDA Zone 6b
===================

Old 26-03-2004, 07:34 PM
richard patefield

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:06:05 -0500, you wrote:

These
are collectors' items and if you could purchase them for less than $20 USD
each, you got yourself a great deal!

I don't think so.

Like other collectables, including trees, value often outstrips
worth... if you know what I mean.

R.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++