Old 26-03-2004, 09:32 PM
paghat

Default What to plant under pines?

In article , "Judy Bolton"

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C41340.87542590

Hi there - I am new to the group. I live in Rochester, NY, zone 5/6.

I would like some ideas for what to plant under/by pines - a variety of =
types. I am interested in plants and shrubs, and they can be for shade =
and part-sun. =20

I appreciate the assistance!

Cyclamen hederifolium would do well right up next to the trunks of the
pines where nothing else would be likely to flourish, and will bloom in
autumn when everything else is getting ready to die back. I doubt any
other cyclamen than C. hederifolium would thrive in your zone, but this
one has at least two varieties, pink-flowering and white-flowering.

By the way, turn off your "mime" format feature which does not work for
UseNet, & renders your posts difficult to find amidst all the extra junk
that ends up in your posts when you leave mime on.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"