Old 27-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Stephen

Default bugs

Hi John,

I'm new to this group and rose growing in general. But..... I spray for
aphids with a concoction of soapy water that has cigarette buts soaking in
it. Works great for me but (no pun intended) I'm about to run out of the
dreaded nicotine as I gave up smoking about 7 weeks ago.....

Cheers

Stephen

Warrnambool, Australia

"John" wrote in message
Been using Bayer Rose and Flower bug killer for my roses. I've got worms,
aphids and white flys. The aphids don't seem to want to go away... should

just continue weekly administrations or more frequent? Also some of the
leaves have black areas on them? what could this be?
One more question, what is the consensus regarding watering roses? I live

in
Southern Ca.
Thanks

--
"Cheap work isn't good and good work isn't cheap"