Old 27-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Mike LaMana

Default Sick Trees

Mike - have to say that although it looks mechanical in origin, my gut tells
me it is not...regardless it seems to be healing over well. Leave it be.

Good luck...
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

On 2004-03-26 16:24:15 -0600, "Mike LaMana"
fake@MikeatHeartwoodConsultingdotnet said:

I couldn't access either picture...
Where are you, describe the site, history, etc ...

Sorry, the pictures are there now.....I am not sure how to describe the
problem other than to say the trunks are splitting open.....

Sorry, my thumb is not very 'green'. I didnt realize that information
was that important, here are the specifics.

I live in Texas, in a northern suburb of Dallas. It has been about 3
years since I had the tree planted in my front yard. lets see what
else....i have a sprinkler system so I know it gets watered regularly.
I do not notice any sap or other discharge, nor do I see the presence
of any bugs, but I do remember seeing some last year. The tree does
take alot of direct sunlight, we are in a new home, so the only shade
that anything really gets around here at this point is the shade given
by the houses.

Dont know if there is anything else that may be pertinent that I left
out, but if there is, please ask.....

Mike