Old 27-03-2004, 06:30 PM
David J. Bockman

Default [IBC] Zelkova question

If at all possible, remove it entirely in one go. If it appears that a
disproportionate amount of feeder roots are on the large root, and removing
it would seriously weaken the tree, then yes you have to promote feeder
roots elsewhere while reducing sap flow from that heavy root. Is the root in
any way part of the final design?

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email: