Old 27-03-2004, 06:34 PM
richard patefield

Default [IBC] Imported Specimens ( [IBC] Pure Gold in your magazine rack.... or maybe not.)

On 27 Mar 2004 04:30:19 -0800, in rec.arts.bonsai you wrote:

On one hand, I can understand the collecting attitude, even share it
since I am an amateur dj and it rather goes with the territory.

On the other, my mind rebels at the idea of white cotton-gloved bonsai
men slipping unread pristine magazines out of their protective covers.

Since they are now out of print perhaps they could be scanned and made
available to anyone who might want them for the contents rather than
as an investment. That would be 'fair use' under copyright surely

Point taken about imported trees and the high cost/value to
collectors.

As
is the case with all things, demand dictates price.

Taken. But what dictates demand in the case of bonsai?

Richard

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++