Old 27-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] a Baobab diary 2

Dear Khaimraj:
Are you trying to give me a swelled head? :-[ Sheesh! Seriously,
I really thank you for the kind words.

As far as growing instructions, I assume you mean my watering method. I
water (when the soil is dry) just about every other day. My Black Olive
is a thirsty baby. I water it three times with an interval of about 10
to 15 minutes.... The third watering (Monday thru Friday I add either
1/4 teaspoon of Miracid 30-10-10 or if I see the small flowers
appearing, I change to 1/4 teaspoon of Superbloom 12-55-6. About twice
a month (still on the week-days), I will add Miracle Grow 8-7-6
basically for its mini-nutrients.
On Saturday and Sunday, I water with just clear water. I really choose
the days for fertilizing just because it is easier to remember, not for
any other reason..... I prune this baby about once a month, in fact it
is just about ready for a hair cut... I do not let any of the vertical
branches grow, except I removed about eight inches from the apex about a
year ago, and it is now filling in beautifully.
I have to wait until the spring, so I can put up a background outdoors,
since my 3' x 4' sky background is too short. In the mean time, I will
send you a picture of what it looked like before removing the Apex.

Your NJBB,
Carl

PS: IBC'ers I'll be glad to send a picture if you request it.
PSS: No, I never tried aTamarind

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:

Hello All,
Carl,

PLEASE send me your growing instructions for the Black Olive!!!
Also when your doing your single tree shots a digital
image!!!

Ha ha ha your never going to see my black olive ha ha.

Like I said - Excellent Designs - and phooey on your

"I am not that "serious" about growing my trees for anything other than
my own pleasures (Obviously, I am selfish). I grow trees for the "fun"
of it. I can not be that serious about this hobby, other than to keep
the trees alive and help others obtain my knowledge."

From now on I am treating you like a Bonsai-ist!!!!!

Stay Well Maestro,
Khaimraj
West Indies/Caribbean