Old 28-03-2004, 04:36 PM
escapee

Default Tomato planting time!

I have Roma, Brandywine and Sweet Million. All came through the winter in the
greenhouse, all have flowers, the cherries gave me fruit all winter. I cut them
all back and, viola!

I will plant them in the ground next week. All three are at least 3 feet tall
with flowers.

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:10:42 GMT, Victor Martinez opined:

Well, the tomatoes are in the ground, along with a bunch of red onions,
two kinds of basil (plus the volunteers from last year's crop) and
assorted other cooking herbs.
This year we have the following varieties: Jeff Davis, Aunt Ruby's
German Green, Marvel Striped, Mexico, Marizol Gold, and Purple Calabash
(all from heirloomtomatoesoftexas.com, Keith is at Zilker Gardenfest
today and tomorrow, in the rose garden).
Can't wait 'till June!!!