Old 28-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Michel Place

Default req: help identify this rose (?)

Hello,

My wife and I recently purchased a plant from one of the many
flower/plant shops and stalls in Mongkok, Hong Kong. The seller
provided care instructions on watering (in bright light, water 1x daily
and in low light water 3x weekly), told us that it would not need to be
repotted anytime soon, and told us that it was a rose.

I'm curious to know what variety specifically it might be, if indeed it
is a rose. We spent some time in the local large public library
browsing books on roses and looking at photos - we thought that r.
glaucus might be a match, but maybe not.

The stem is pale whitish green and woody. Branches terminate in clusters
of green leaves (usually 4-5 leaves per cluster) and some also have
blossoms. Blossoms have 5 petals, pale pink darkening to red at the
ends. Inside the blossom is yellowish.

I've posted a photo of the plant online (if this matters, the stem
appears much darker in the photo than in reality):
http://monokromatik.com/veethree/flo...rch04/rose.jpg

Thanks for your help !