Old 29-03-2004, 03:05 AM
Joe Crowder

Default Flourite question

"Kenneth Ho" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I have a 160L and am preparing to a 900L new tank. I am currently
using ADA's amazonia as substrate (for 3 years now, and its still
going quite well), but since ADA's aqua soil alter water chemistry in
a very large degree, especially when new, I would like to try
something else. Flourite comes into mind, but I like to hear from you
guys that whether Flourite alter water chemistry in ANY WAY? KH, GH?

Thanks

I recently changed over to flourite. I have yet to see an effect on PH or
GH. I don't track KH, so I can't comment on that. It's only been two weeks
though.

I haven't seen any effect on the plants yet. However, it looks a hell of a
lot better than that other CR@@ I had in the tank.

Strangely enough, my whiptail catfish seem to like it much better. I think
the darker color makes them more comfortable, but that's just a guess.

Joe