Old 29-03-2004, 02:08 PM
nick gray

Default Sweet Peas

Hi Sue,

You can sow them now (usually from March to May outdoors). Sow where you
want them to flower, 3ins apart. Although you can sow closer and

transplant
when the seedlings start to grow. Sweet peas like a sunny position.

HTH

Nick

Would I be ok planting them outside this early in the year where I live
(Ayrshire) because I was planning on planting them in pots to plant out
later?

Saffy.

Hi Saffy,

You should be fine, although if you are unsure sow half outside and half
undercover in pots (or keep half back and plant outside in a couple of
weeks). Either way they will catch one another up and all flower at the same
time.

Regards

Nick
www.ukgardening.co.uk