Old 29-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Steve wachs

Default [IBC] collected beech

You should see new growth all over the tree soon. Just lave it grow this summer. Next year be selective in the branches you want. The tree should have branching all over it this year. Beech responds well to a Heavy cut like that.
This Spring I am doing that to a Red Japanese Maple that is being dug up and was offered to me. the truck is %" at the base , but has no low branches. I'll cut it back just like you did. I am sure it will grow branches all over. I will decide what branch
es I'll keep next year.
SteveW
Long Island NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++