Old 29-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Suja

Default Zoysia in Maryland

David wrote:

Anyway zoysia lawns are so nice when green and ability to spread and
choke out weeks is what I am looking for so anyone knowing oa a source
in the area Washington DC, suburban Maryland.

My neighbor (I'm in Fairfax, VA) put a few plugs of Zoysia into his
existing lawn a couple of springs ago. It appears to be spreading quite
nicely. It's pretty easy to tell because the Zoysia patches stay brown
late into spring, and go into dormancy early in the fall. Personally, I
don't care for it at all. Then again, I don't much care for lawns in
the first place.

Suja