Old 29-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Shelly Hurd

Default [IBC] Air layer question

Well, burlap --may-- work, but I can't begin to imagine how you keep the mix sufficiently moist using it. Where I am you would have to check the rooting medium 20 times a day, and add water half of the time. Glad wrap, covered with aluminum foil works fo
r me. I don't use cut pots or potting mix because the layers I tend to take are usually horizontal and must be wrapped with sphagnum moss and bound well to work.
Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9