Old 29-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Scott Harper

Default Composting Live Oak leaves

Does anyone have any recommendations or anectodes related to composting
live oak leaves?

I have tons of them in my yard right now, and it would be nice to use
them for something other than a campfire...

But I've piled these up before, and they just don't seem to break down.
Granted, I haven't tended much to them, in the way of turning, etc. But
I have a couple friends who generally have the same experience.

So what's the word from the wise gardeners out there? Can live oak
leaves be effectively composted? Any special tricks?

thanks
scott