Old 29-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Unique Too

Default req: help identify this rose (?)

My guess is a Ademium Obesum, better known here in the states as a Desert Rose.
The best photos I've found online are on eBay.
Plumeria is known for its very strong fragrance and it will have very large,
long (12-18") leaves. In mild climates Plumeria will grow into small to medium
trees, maybe up to 25' or so. It will freeze in cold areas and must be
protected in a greenhouse or such. The Desert Rose has much smaller leaves,
less than 6" and with age a bulbous base.

The stem is pale whitish green and woody. Branches terminate in clusters
of green leaves (usually 4-5 leaves per cluster) and some also have
blossoms. Blossoms have 5 petals, pale pink darkening to red at the
ends. Inside the blossom is yellowish.

I've posted a photo of the plant online (if this matters, the stem
appears much darker in the photo than in reality):
http://monokromatik.com/veethree/flo...rch04/rose.jpg