Old 29-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Replacing bird habitat?

"Rosie" wrote in message
A housing development is removing loads of 20 year-old (ish) trees from
behind my house. What are the best things I can plant to replace this

lost
habitat? What's the best way of going about it?

ROSIE

Leave spaces in your roof for sparrows to nest? I doubt 20 year old trees
produce much habitat for birds, probably if a reasonable proportion of
people in those new houses put out food for birds, or just leave scraps
lying around, there will be a richer habitat for birds than previously.
Almost certainly if they do it in the winter time when the trees provide no
food and little shelter.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address