Old 30-03-2004, 01:34 AM
LeeAnne

Default Fertilized, then aerated?

I am going to ask your forgiveness up front if I seem insane for my
question and/or what I've done. Growing up in Brooklyn, NY didn't
afford me much time to become familiar with lawncare. I have recently
purchased a home in East TN. That home came with a beautiful lawn.
Somehow I have managed in the span of 11 months to change all that
(May - Mar). The lawn suffers from cutting too low, not fertilizing,
and not controlling weeds. I have many weeds (clovers to be exact)
throughout the lawn. I recently got advice to use Scotts Fertilizer w2
weed control. I followed all the directions and applied the product.
Unfortunately I didn't check the weather report. About 16 hours after
the application it rained. It has been 9 days since the application
and I haven't noticed any change in the lawn. I read on the Scotts.com
site that it is a good idea to core aerate your lawn, so yesterday I
happened to see a neighborhood youth on a aeration campaign to raise
$$. Therefore, I allowed him to aerate my entire lawn. Now I am
concerned that aerating so soon after applying the fertilizer w/ weed
control may not have been a good idea. Should I re-apply the
fertilizer product sparingly to accomodate for the rain and aeration?
Is there anything else that I can do to see results sooner? I am
considering using a liquid spray weed kill product to deal with the
weeds more immediately. What do you think?

Any input on any of the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JG