Old 30-03-2004, 07:02 AM
magoo

Default Snow Gum

I have a snow gum which is a couple of years old now and about 3m high. On
some branches there are small splits with a little sap oozing out. This is
not a wide spread thing, only on some of the main branches. Too look at it,
it's almost as if the tree is growing faster than the bark can support it.
I understand the reason behind the sap, but not sure why the small splits
have occurred on the branches. I recall this happened last year too, but
with no (obvious at least) adverse affects. Anyone any ideas?